Technology is an inherent part of today’s students’ lives, thus OUR and Casio have partnered to harness the power of technology and create meaningful mathematics classroom experiences. This partnership has resulted in an equity and technology messaging initiative, the development of an equitable integration of technology in curriculum framework, and the embedded of Casio products into Open Up High Schools Mathematics Algebra I course.
- Embedded Casio ClassPad Math and the Casio FX-9750GIII calculator into Open Up High School Mathematics Algebra I course
- Having these products embedded within the curriculum materials allows teachers and students opportunities to further explore the mathematics being presented
- OUR and Casio having intentionally and meaningfully combined efforts to ensure students learn and make sense of mathematical ideas, reason mathematically, and have opportunities to communicate their thinking
Within the Open Up High School Mathematics Algebra I course you will find the following:
- An embedded ClassPad Math online scientific and graphing calculator
- Tutorials embedded within select lessons showcasing how to use ClassPath Math and the FX-9750GIII to enhance the problem solving experience
- An equitable integration of technology in curriculum framework within the course guide
The ultimate goal of this partnership is to intentionally work to close the digital divide for students in the school system.