Dive into the book 5 Practices for Orchestrating Productive Mathematics Discussions, Second Edition, authored by Margaret S. Smith and Mary Kay Stein, with a virtual PLN! In a problem-based curriculum, like Open Up Resources math curricula, facilitating a task with this framework will result in students making connections to learn grade-level mathematics. These 1-hour sessions will guide educators through a collaborative book study, while featuring tasks from the Open Up Resources K–8 Math and Open Up High School Mathematics curricula. Let’s prepare for more productive discussions as we anticipate, monitor, select, sequence, and connect, together!
Book Study Dates :
- Oct 30 @ 7-8pm ET (optional) – Launching the Book Study!
- Nov 6 @ 7-8pm ET – Introduction + Chapter 1
- Nov 13 @ 7-8pm ET – Chapters 2–3
- Nov 20 @ 7-8pm ET – Chapter 4–5
- Nov 27 @ 7-8pm ET – Chapter 6–7
- Dec 4 @ 7-8pm ET – Chapters 8–9
Available for districts registering 10 or more people on the same PO. 10% off per registration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the discount.
Also available: Purchase this book study for your district! Please contact email@example.com for more information and pricing.
* Please note – all times noted are ET.
*All tickets are non refundable.
Virtual Book Study: The 5 Practices
October 30, 2023 - December 11, 2023
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm