An engaging, problem-based curriculum designed to support coherence, focus and rigor.
Core Program Essentials:
What Sets Our Core Curriculum Apart?
Task-Sequencing Supports Learning Over Time
Anticipate and Monitor charts that support teachers in anticipating and responding to student thinking in every lesson.
Real World connections occur regularly, engaging students in meaningful sense-making and problem solving as a foundation for understanding mathematical procedures.
Selecting, Sequencing, and Connecting charts that guide teachers in using and advancing student thinking to reach lesson goals.
Overarching guidance and embedded alignment is provided to highlight the Effective Teaching Practices (NCTM, 2014) and the CCSSM Standards for Mathematical Practice.
Retrieval problems at the beginning of every Ready, Set, Go provide guidance for distributed practice problems students will explore in the Ready and Go sections. Materials support the professional learning of teachers, both content and pedagogy.
Strong coherence throughout materials is visible in the mathematics students interact with regularly while also being clearly articulated in the Course and Unit overviews.
Instructional routines and Jump Starts engage students in the content of the lesson and promote meaningful dialogue.
- Exit tickets, solutions, and teacher guidance provide formative assessment at the end of every lesson.
- Quick quizzes, aligned to standards, provide formative assessment at the end of a related sequence of lessons.
- Unit assessments, aligned to standards, include solutions and guidance for teachers to support students with unfinished learning.
- Rich Performance assessments based in real-world contexts prompt critical thinking.
- Assessments include standards alignment and tools for considering evidence of student understanding along with student misconceptions.
Quality Professional Learning
Is the Essential Ingredient.
We tailor professional learning and support recommendations to each district’s schedule, staffing, and delivery needs. In addition to our curriculum-embedded professional learning content, we offer:
- On-site introduction to themes, routines, practices, and design of materials
- Workshops devoted to modeling and supporting practice change
- Facilitation of peer-supported work, activating PLCs to build district capacity
- Remote-based ‘phone an expert’ support, to give teachers real-time help when needed
HIVE Conference – an annual national conference offering multiple pathways across four curricula for deeper learning.
OUR High School Math is coming soon to Kiddom.
With Kiddom, curriculum, assessments, and technology to differentiate instruction live in a centralized hub. Curriculum comes to life in Kiddom:
- Manage Curricula
- Share with Teachers
- Digitize Assets
- Differentiate Learning
Available in Print and Digital for the 2021-22 School Year
Open Up High School Math will be released in Summer 2021. Contact us to learn more.